Friday, April 8, 2011

Chocolate Fudge

"A chocolate in the mouth is worth two on the plate."  -Unknown


I modified the key lime pie fudge recipe for a chocolate one, because my fiance prefers chocolate to white chocolate. 

I used 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and 1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (my mom later said I should have used bittersweet chocolate...we'll have to see how sweet it turns out tomorrow). I poured the chips, along with one can of sweetened condensed milk into my pan and began melting. After the chips had begun to melt, I added about 3 tbsp rum to the mix. I continued cooking until all of the chips were melted. I then poured the mixture into my prepared pan and let it sit for a few minutes. Afterwards, I grinded sea salt (not too much) onto the top of the fudge, covered and refrigerated it. 

I just love a salty and sweet combination; hopefully my honey will enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment